Minnesota Snow Goose Migration Reports

Mississippi Flyway Snow Goose Reports from Ontario, Manitoba, MN, MI, WI, IL, KT, TN, MS, IA, MO, AR, and LA.

Minnesota Snow Goose Migration Reports

Postby Jonathan Olson » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:43 pm

This is the place to put in your Minnesota Snow Goose Migration Reports!
Jonathan Olson

Re: Minnesota Snow Goose Migration Reports

Postby templey_41 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:36 pm

No snow goose migration yet in SE MN. Ton of canadians around that never left. There is one interesting lil critter in Rochester and I will post pics of him when I get them from a buddy of mine.
templey_41

Postby tornadochaser » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:33 pm

Saw 3 blues and 5 or 6 snows mixed in with a flock of canadas that were flying out from Lac Qui Parle to feed on Saturday afternoon. Well over 50 thousand canadas on LQP.
tornadochaser

Postby templey_41 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:18 pm

Heres a pic of the weirdo.

templey_41

Postby Wulffhunter » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:30 pm

Would that goose be fair game this spring? Cuz if I saw that, I'd drop it and mount it on my wall in a heartbeat.
Wulffhunter

Postby Condn » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:55 pm

Wulffhunter wrote:Would that goose be fair game this spring? Cuz if I saw that, I'd drop it and mount it on my wall in a heartbeat.

Obviously not. Being it that it is not a Snow, Blue, or Ross. You might not get a ticket but it wouldn't be very ethical and would be very illegal to drop ANY Canada in the spring.
Condn

Postby Kodee » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:21 pm

That would be tough not to shoot no doubt
Kodee

Postby Bluegoose18 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:53 pm

have you seen those Lac Qui Parle birds again?
Bluegoose18

Postby BenelliSBE2 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:56 am

Thats a first for me, never seen a Canadian like that.
BenelliSBE2

Postby tornadochaser » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:32 am

Bluegoose18 wrote:have you seen those Lac Qui Parle birds again?

Was that directed at me? If so, no, as I don't live in the area anymore, was just driving into appleton for a banquet saturday evening.
tornadochaser

Postby Bluegoose18 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:08 pm

Was that directed at me? If so, no, as I don't live in the area anymore, was just driving into appleton for a banquet saturday evening.[/quote]

yes it was. im looking for some reports from that area this year. many moons ago i tried over that way and saw the white devils.
so funny i used a boom box with a cassette tape and 12 shells for coys. never shot a white devil that trip BUT i did get them to turn a few corkscrews up above me. i was hooked at that moment. first year of the order i believe. headed west after and never been back to the boom box site. but sure curious as if that area was seeing any thing yet. just got text from bud down south millions so of mo still. any ways if someone sees the white devil over yonder at lqp send a shout :o
Bluegoose18

Postby Wulffhunter » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:54 am

Anyone hear of any snows in southern MN yet? I'm getting anxious and this snow is gonna make it all wet for another fun spring.
Wulffhunter

Postby DRhunter » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:52 pm

Seen a couple partially like this but thats about flawless.. Beautiful bird! That will make some lucky harvesters day!
DRhunter

Postby SpittinCarnageGuides » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:26 pm

The question is if it's a snow goose with a canadian head or a canadian with a snow goose body? I'd shoot without a second thought.
SpittinCarnageGuides

Lac Qui Parle County Report

Postby crookedlakeslim » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:21 am

Strong push of new darks (including specs) and ducks up MN River valley in eastern Lac qui Parle County on Saturday PM and Sunday AM. Very few light geese so far. Hope the young and dumb are still to come, but for now "Go west young man."
crookedlakeslim

Postby Wulffhunter » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:11 pm

Shot at a blue goose yesterday. Missed it, but there are a lot of snows around now for the beginning of march.
Wulffhunter

Postby hwdeuce » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:34 pm

I live in central MN and saw a nice flock maybe
3-400 this afternoon they were going west
hwdeuce

Postby crookedlakeslim » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:56 pm

I spoke too soon earlier this AM. LQP and Big Stone Counties now have huntable numbers of light geese. Pleasant surprise seeing several thousands starting mid morning and continuing all day. Gee! can't wait to go back to work tomorrow :cry:
crookedlakeslim

Postby duckwhisperer » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:00 am

Some friends called me Saturday and said they found a Big Group of Snows. Of coarse I said they were full of it, but they took me to the Roost and I could not believes my eyes. I would say there was at the least 5 to 10 k. Snowz & a lot of specks. Set up Sunday after noon in a field about 3/4 of a mile away & it was on. We had thousands of birds over us all all afternoon. And managed to scratch 11. 3 juvies snows 1 adult and the rest rossies. The field they were using was stock chopped so it was a tuff hide, but man that was an AWESOME sight to snows in our area. Sorry I can not disclose this location but trust me...we never see them in this area & we crossing our fingers maybe they will continue to fly through this Area. Heading to Sodak Wednesday. Good luck everyone & be safe!
Wheres all da Geese
duckwhisperer

Postby maplelakeduckslayer » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:41 am

Seems a few more snows and specks took a more eastward route this year. Saw a flock of specks and a flock of snows yesterday in Wright County. My buddies also saw a flock of specks while they were trap shooting on Sunday. We have lived in the area our whole lives and have been hunting this area for 17 years and none of us have ever seen a snow or speck this far east in MN before. Pretty cool.
maplelakeduckslayer

Next

Return to Mississippi Flyway Snow Goose Reports